Yes, patients, parents, and legal guardians may now apply to obtain registration from the Board of Pharmacy.  A patient, parent, or legal guardian must have a written certification issued to them by a registered practitioner prior to applying for registration with the Board of Pharmacy and possessing CBD or THC-A cannabis oil for any condition as seen appropriate by a registered provider.

In addition to being issued a valid written certification from a Board of Pharmacy-registered provider, the patient and, if such patient is a minor or an incapacitated adult as defined in 18.2-369, such patient’s parent or guardian, must obtain registration from the Board of Pharmacy.