Welcome to Alphatelemed.com:
Governor Ralph Northam recently signed a bill that would decriminalize Medical Cannabis in Virginia starting July 1, 2020. The new law takes effect July 1, 2020 and reduces penalties for offenses involving personal possession of up to one ounce of marijuana to a civil violation. A medical cannabis card provides an affirmative defense for registered patients, and caregivers. It will also give you the privilege to purchase medical grade cannabis from a dispensary that are opening in Virginia soon. Click here or call 703-589-9964 to schedule and appointment.
Common conditions treated with medical cannabis include but not limited to:
- Multiple sclerosis
- Spasticity disorders
- Intractable pain, limited for the purpose of this chapter to mean pain unrelieved by standard medical treatments and medications
- Glaucoma, either acute or chronic increased intraocular pressure unrelieved by standard treatments and medications
- Crohn’s disease
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- A chronic or debilitating disease that produces severe, persistent and one or more of the following:
- Severe nausea
- Severe Vomiting
- Cachexia (wasting syndrome)
- Appetite loss
- Muscle Spasms
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax (804) 527-4472
- Virginia Board of Pharmacy
9960 Mayland Drive
Henrico, VA 23233-1463
- Completed Certification for the use of Cannabis Oil or THC-A Oil from Alphatelemed.com
- Proof of Patient’s Residency in Virginia
- Proof of Patient’s Identity
- Proof of Patient’s Age
- The parent or legal guardian must apply for board registration for both the patient and for himself or herself as the parent or legal guardian.
- Proof of Parent/Guardian Residency in Virginia
- Proof of Parent/Guardian Identity
- Proof of Parent/Guardian Age
Yes. A Written Certification for the Use of Medical Cannabis from a Registered Practitioner for Medical Cannabis is still required and must be presented at the dispensary, along with a government-issued ID, to obtain medical cannabis products.
Yes, our providers are registered and may issue the required written certification after a in-person evaluation if appropriate.
There is a fee of $149 for the evaluation (not covered by medical insurance).
Please call 703-589-9964 for more information or to make an in-person appointment.
Please visit How to Register for more information and online registration.
Yes, patients, parents, and legal guardians may now apply to obtain registration from the Board of Pharmacy. A patient, parent, or legal guardian must have a written certification issued to them by a registered practitioner prior to applying for registration with the Board of Pharmacy and possessing CBD or THC-A cannabis oil for any condition as seen appropriate by a registered provider.
In addition to being issued a valid written certification from a Board of Pharmacy-registered provider, the patient and, if such patient is a minor or an incapacitated adult as defined in 18.2-369, such patient’s parent or guardian, must obtain registration from the Board of Pharmacy.
Currently Alphatelemed accepts:
- Virginia Medicaid
- or Medicare
- self-pay(out of pocket via credit or debit card)
- Will be accepting more health insurances in the near future
Medical Cannabis Treatment recommendation:
- self-pay(out of pocket via credit or debit card) ONLY
Providers at Alphatelemed will discuss your health history and assess whether a refill is safe at this time of your visit or whether it would be necessary to see your primary care physician in person. The decision to provide a refill and the quantity is at the sole discretion of the provider. Be sure to share any information you have about your health history and condition that may help facilitate your refill, such as recent lab tests or blood pressure readings. We follow state, federal guidelines and cannot prescribe controlled substances via a telemedicine visit.
Children, under the age of 18, must be accompanied by a legal guardian or a parent to see our provider. The rule is the same when you go to your doctors office.
No, currently we are only offering our service to anyone who is physically located in Virginia.
Yes, your privacy is our priority. We keep your information secure. Alphatelemed is designed to be a private, secure We only use HIPAA-compliant tools that allow you to safely and confidentially consult with our providers online.
Alphatelemed is not for serious injuries or life threatening conditions, such as:
- Patients who want to hurt themselves
- Patients who want to hurt others
- Schizophrenia or hallucinations
- Chest pain
- Neurological symptoms, suggesting a stroke
- Difficulty breathing
- Dizziness or loss of consciousness
- Sudden bleeding
- Choking or gagging
- Severe Hypertension or Hemorrhoids
- Head injury
- Possible broken bones
If you have any of the above symptoms or any other serious medical concerns please call 911 or proceed to the nearest emergency department.
If this is an emergency please call 911 IMMEDIATELY.
If it is not an emergency condition, yes. Our providers are able to advice, counsel you about your condition, and help you work through your treatment options.
Alphatelemed is a affordable, convenient way to receive care from our providers or therapists on your desktop, laptop, or your smartphone. Our secure video technology allow you to see a doctor face to face. The doctor can look, listen and engage with you to diagnose your reason for your visit and provide an effective treatment plan.
Initial Psychiatry visit $179 *
Follow-up Psychiatry visit $129 *
Therapy visit $109 *
* May be less with Health Insurance
Medical Cannabis certification evaluation $189
Current laws in Virginia:
July 1, 2020, possession of authorized medical cannabis products by those registered to participate in the state’s program are provided explicit statutory legal protection.