Conditions we can treat:
Acne, Allergies, Arthritis, Asthma, Alopecia
Cold, Constipation, Cough, Cold sores
Eye Infection/Irritation, Eczema
Medication refills (non-narcotics)
Pink eye, Poison Ivy/Oak, Psoriasis
Rash, Respiratory infection, Rosacea
Sinusitis, Sore throat, Sprains & Strains, Strep
Yeast infection (Females, 18+)
You are request a paper prescription to take to any lab or a electronic request can be sent to any Quest Diagnostics. Find a Quest Diagnostics location near you.
You provider is able to prescribe a medications if it is appropriate. Here is a list of Medications that cannot be prescribed via a telemedicine visit.
Currently Alphatelemed accepts:
- Virginia Medicaid
- or Medicare
- self-pay(out of pocket via credit or debit card)
- Will be accepting more health insurances in the near future
Medical Cannabis Treatment recommendation:
- self-pay(out of pocket via credit or debit card) ONLY
Providers on Alphatelemed are able to provide simple forms like sick slips or back to work/school documents as clinically appropriate. Be sure to request the documentation before ending your conversation. Please note that doctors on Alphatelemed are not able to provide more documents like FMLA forms, disability forms or handicap/DMV documents as these documents require in in-person evaluation.
Providers at Alphatelemed will discuss your health history and assess whether a refill is safe at this time of your visit or whether it would be necessary to see your primary care physician in person. The decision to provide a refill and the quantity is at the sole discretion of the provider. Be sure to share any information you have about your health history and condition that may help facilitate your refill, such as recent lab tests or blood pressure readings. We follow state, federal guidelines and cannot prescribe controlled substances via a telemedicine visit.
Children, under the age of 18, must be accompanied by a legal guardian or a parent to see our provider. The rule is the same when you go to your doctors office.
No, currently we are only offering our service to anyone who is physically located in Virginia.
Yes, your privacy is our priority. We keep your information secure. Alphatelemed is designed to be a private, secure We only use HIPAA-compliant tools that allow you to safely and confidentially consult with our providers online.
Alphatelemed is not for serious injuries or life threatening conditions, such as:
- Patients who want to hurt themselves
- Patients who want to hurt others
- Schizophrenia or hallucinations
- Chest pain
- Neurological symptoms, suggesting a stroke
- Difficulty breathing
- Dizziness or loss of consciousness
- Sudden bleeding
- Choking or gagging
- Severe Hypertension or Hemorrhoids
- Head injury
- Possible broken bones
If you have any of the above symptoms or any other serious medical concerns please call 911 or proceed to the nearest emergency department.
If this is an emergency please call 911 IMMEDIATELY.
If it is not an emergency condition, yes. Our providers are able to advice, counsel you about your condition, and help you work through your treatment options.
- I live in a rural area.
- I am home bound, and cannot get to a doctor.
- I feel like I should probably see a doctor, but don’t have time to wait for an appointment.
- It’s difficult for me to get a doctor’s appointment.
- My doctor’s office is closed and I don’t want to wait hours at an urgent care clinic or hospital.
- I am new to the area and don’t know any doctors near me.
- I just need a second opinion.
- I don’t have health insurance, or my co-pay/deductible is too high.
Alphatelemed is a affordable, convenient way to receive care from our providers or therapists on your desktop, laptop, or your smartphone. Our secure video technology allow you to see a doctor face to face. The doctor can look, listen and engage with you to diagnose your reason for your visit and provide an effective treatment plan.
Initial Psychiatry visit $179 *
Follow-up Psychiatry visit $129 *
Therapy visit $109 *
* May be less with Health Insurance
Medical Cannabis certification evaluation $189