A typical therapy visit on Alphatelemed is 60 minutes. Each patient has an individualized treatment plan.
With the Alphatelemed, you can see a therapist, face to face to address common behavioral health challenges, from the privacy and comfort of your own home. Alphatelemed therapy services are available statewide in Virginia.
A Psychiatry visit is for medication management and a Therapy visit is for counseling (talking) therapy. Both are able to evaluate a person to determine whether medication or talk therapy or both type of treatments are necessary. Both can make recommendations based on their assessment. A therapist/counselor cannot prescribe medications.
Therapists cannot prescribe. You can see a provider in our psychiatry department because they have the ability to prescribe medications for the diagnosed condition.
Through the Alphatelemed website, you can see a provider face-to-face from the privacy and comfort of your own home to address common behavioral health challenges. Providers are different than therapists because they have the ability to prescribe medications for the treatment of diagnosed mental disorders.
Currently Alphatelemed accepts:
- Virginia Medicaid
- or Medicare
- self-pay(out of pocket via credit or debit card)
- Will be accepting more health insurances in the near future
Medical Cannabis Treatment recommendation:
- self-pay(out of pocket via credit or debit card) ONLY
Children, under the age of 18, must be accompanied by a legal guardian or a parent to see our provider. The rule is the same when you go to your doctors office.
No, currently we are only offering our service to anyone who is physically located in Virginia.
Yes, your privacy is our priority. We keep your information secure. Alphatelemed is designed to be a private, secure We only use HIPAA-compliant tools that allow you to safely and confidentially consult with our providers online.
Alphatelemed is not for serious injuries or life threatening conditions, such as:
- Patients who want to hurt themselves
- Patients who want to hurt others
- Schizophrenia or hallucinations
- Chest pain
- Neurological symptoms, suggesting a stroke
- Difficulty breathing
- Dizziness or loss of consciousness
- Sudden bleeding
- Choking or gagging
- Severe Hypertension or Hemorrhoids
- Head injury
- Possible broken bones
If you have any of the above symptoms or any other serious medical concerns please call 911 or proceed to the nearest emergency department.
If this is an emergency please call 911 IMMEDIATELY.
If it is not an emergency condition, yes. Our providers are able to advice, counsel you about your condition, and help you work through your treatment options.
- I live in a rural area.
- I am home bound, and cannot get to a doctor.
- I feel like I should probably see a doctor, but don’t have time to wait for an appointment.
- It’s difficult for me to get a doctor’s appointment.
- My doctor’s office is closed and I don’t want to wait hours at an urgent care clinic or hospital.
- I am new to the area and don’t know any doctors near me.
- I just need a second opinion.
- I don’t have health insurance, or my co-pay/deductible is too high.
Alphatelemed is a affordable, convenient way to receive care from our providers or therapists on your desktop, laptop, or your smartphone. Our secure video technology allow you to see a doctor face to face. The doctor can look, listen and engage with you to diagnose your reason for your visit and provide an effective treatment plan.
Initial Psychiatry visit $179 *
Follow-up Psychiatry visit $129 *
Therapy visit $109 *
* May be less with Health Insurance
Medical Cannabis certification evaluation $189